News:

NOTICE! The Contact button is for: (1) unregistered people having registration issues ONLY, OR (2) Registered Members who have encountered a problem in an area of the board. Questions about writing, publishing, or how to post that come through the Contact button will not be addressed.

Main Menu
SCBWI welcomes you to their "new" Discussion Boards. Everyone interested in children's literature is encouraged to join and participate in ongoing discussions. Play nice, have fun, and enjoy sharing with your peers from around the world.

NEED HELP POSTING? Go here! https://www.scbwidiscussionboards.org/index.php?topic=80554.msg1011631#msg1011631

Hi from the Philadelphia area!

Started by nicolemwolverton, September 08, 2023, 05:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nicolemwolverton

Hi, all! I've been an SCBWI member for a while now but never used the discussion board until now. I (mostly) write young adult and adult horror/speculative/dark fantasy, and my YA novel A Misfortune of Lake Monsters (a high school senior's college plans are disrupted when she is tapped to take over the family business of secretly impersonating her town's infamous lake monster--only to discover a very real lake monster eating its way through the populace) is due out in July 2024 (CamCat Books).

Happy to be here, and happy Friday to you all!

kelliebeggs

I am in love with your book concept!  That is hilarious and interesting/scary all at the same time.

writerjenn

Jennifer R. Hubbard
www.jenniferhubbard.com

Loner in the Garret: A Writer's Companion
Until It Hurts to Stop
Try Not to Breathe
The Secret Year

dewsanddamps

Welcome, Nicole! Love your book premise.  :flowers2
Learning to Swear in America, 2016
What Goes Up, 2017
The Constitution Decoded, 2020
The Presidents Decoded, 2023
Hearts on Thin Ice, 2024

Ree

Welcome, from a fellow Philadelphia area person!

Ree
www.reeaugustine.com
HANGABOUT, FAR FROM HOME, Orange Blossom Publishing, August 2023.

JodyJS

Starred Review, School Library Journal
NSTA Outstanding Science Trade Book for 2024

Tori

Welcome, Nicole, and congratulations!

Aloha,
Tori :palmtree :pizza :books3
PB CALVIN'S LAST WORD, Tilbury House 2020
PB LITTLE CALABASH, Island Heritage 2020
YA SECRETS IN TRANSLATION, Fitzroy, 2018
and 28 more
@ipapaverison

Pons

Welcome! and congratulations on your book. I love scary with a sense of humor.

Having trouble registering? Does something on the board not work correctly? If so, use the Contact button at the top of the page and we will get back to you. Note: questions about writing, publishing, or "how to post" are NOT answered through the Contact button. If you are registered, scroll the Home page to find categories where you can post. Only registered members can post.