News:

SCBWI members — be sure to login regularly to SCBWI's main site to take full advantage of your membership. https://www.scbwi.org/

Main Menu
SCBWI welcomes you to their "new" Discussion Boards. Everyone interested in children's literature is encouraged to join and participate in ongoing discussions. Play nice, have fun, and enjoy sharing with your peers from around the world.

NEED HELP POSTING? Go here! https://www.scbwidiscussionboards.org/index.php?topic=80554.msg1011631#msg1011631

Hello from California!

Started by Danielle Wilson, October 05, 2023, 06:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danielle Wilson

:yippee Hi all! My name is Danielle Wilson! Last year I authored and designed a new board book series and formed a small book publishing company called Left Hand Book House with my first 5 titles. Since then we have launched our 6th title and are about to finalize our 7th! Between the 6 titles we've sold about 7,000 books and are sold in 180 retailers (sharing this cause I have no idea if that's a lot or a little- hoping someone can give me some insight). I'm excited to have a community of people in the book world to talk with and learn from!

Debbie Vilardi

Welcome, Danielle. I think 7,000 books in one year is very good. Happy continued sales to you!
Twitter: @dvilardi1

Ev

:welcome2 Glad to have you with us, Danielle! I enjoyed visiting your website. Your books look wonderful and it sounds like you've found a much needed niche to fill. As Debbie said, 7000 books in one year is very good. And the fact that you have your books with 180 retailers is also great. Congratulations on your successes and best wishes on continued sales.

dewsanddamps

Hi, Danielle! Welcome aboard. :sailboat
Learning to Swear in America, 2016
What Goes Up, 2017
The Constitution Decoded, 2020
The Presidents Decoded, 2023
Hearts on Thin Ice, 2024

Ree

www.reeaugustine.com
HANGABOUT, FAR FROM HOME, Orange Blossom Publishing, August 2023.

Tori

Hi, Danielle,

Welcome! Your website and story are very engaging--you have no idea how amazing your statistic of7,000 books sold truly is! Congratulations and keep it up!

Aloha,
Tori :palmtree :pizza :books3
PB CALVIN'S LAST WORD, Tilbury House 2020
PB LITTLE CALABASH, Island Heritage 2020
YA SECRETS IN TRANSLATION, Fitzroy, 2018
and 28 more
@ipapaverison

olmue

Welcome, Danielle! Your sales are awesome--congrats!

David Wright

Danielle Wilson

:stars3 Thank you so much, you all are so kind! As I'm sure you know, the business of books is quite overwhelming, so I appreciate the words of encouragement. It really helps me to keep moving things forward.

Hope you all have a great week!

Having trouble registering? Does something on the board not work correctly? If so, use the Contact button at the top of the page and we will get back to you. Note: questions about writing, publishing, or "how to post" are NOT answered through the Contact button. If you are registered, scroll the Home page to find categories where you can post. Only registered members can post.