News:

NOTICE! The Contact button is for: (1) unregistered people having registration issues ONLY, OR (2) Registered Members who have encountered a problem in an area of the board. Questions about writing, publishing, or how to post that come through the Contact button will not be addressed.

Main Menu
SCBWI welcomes you to their "new" Discussion Boards. Everyone interested in children's literature is encouraged to join and participate in ongoing discussions. Play nice, have fun, and enjoy sharing with your peers from around the world.

NEED HELP POSTING? Go here! https://www.scbwidiscussionboards.org/index.php?topic=80554.msg1011631#msg1011631

Hello from the Boston area!

Started by Jacinta Patterson, October 11, 2023, 06:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacinta Patterson

Hi, everyone!  My name is Jacinta Patterson.  I've been an avid bookworm since before I can remember; the twin bed that replaced my crib came with a built-in bookshelf.  I used to imagine that I would write a novel, but one day I found myself toying with an idea for a children's book.  When I sat down to put pen to paper, the process was a joy.  Within a couple of months, I had written manuscripts for two full picture books, one in verse and one in prose.  The first, Ariadne and Maeve, is about two spider friends - differently disabled - who share their unique gifts through visual art.  The second, The Misadventures of Iggy and Victoria, is a younger-sibling revenge story that draws inspiration from Frankenstein, The Tell-Tale Heart, and Calvin and Hobbes.  I'm excited to be on this new journey, and I'm so glad this community exists to support children's authors and illustrators!  I look forward to exploring what SCBWI has to offer and to receiving critiques and advice from all of you.  :)

dewsanddamps

:welcome2 Glad you found us, Jacinta! Best of luck with your PBs. :goodluck
Learning to Swear in America, 2016
What Goes Up, 2017
The Constitution Decoded, 2020
The Presidents Decoded, 2023
Hearts on Thin Ice, 2024

Jacinta Patterson

Thank you!  I'm excited to be here.   :stars3

Ev

It's great to have you with us, Jacinta! :partytime Best wishes with your PBs. Your book ideas sound fun.

David Wright

"Frankenstein and Calvin and Hobbes" made me think of those old Abbot and Costello monster movies :smile

:welcome

Ree

www.reeaugustine.com
HANGABOUT, FAR FROM HOME, Orange Blossom Publishing, August 2023.

Jacinta Patterson

Quote from: David Wright on October 15, 2023, 07:12 AM"Frankenstein and Calvin and Hobbes" made me think of those old Abbot and Costello monster movies :smile

:welcome

I'll gladly ride those coattails.  ;D

Quote from: Ev on October 13, 2023, 07:29 PMIt's great to have you with us, Jacinta! :partytime Best wishes with your PBs. Your book ideas sound fun.

Thank you!  I'm having fun working on them, so that's something!

Quote from: Ree on October 15, 2023, 11:20 PMWelcome!

Ree

Thanks!

Tori

Welcome, Jacinta! Your creative ideas sound like lots of fun!
Aloha,
Tori :pizza :books3 :palmtree
PB CALVIN'S LAST WORD, Tilbury House 2020
PB LITTLE CALABASH, Island Heritage 2020
YA SECRETS IN TRANSLATION, Fitzroy, 2018
and 28 more
@ipapaverison

Having trouble registering? Does something on the board not work correctly? If so, use the Contact button at the top of the page and we will get back to you. Note: questions about writing, publishing, or "how to post" are NOT answered through the Contact button. If you are registered, scroll the Home page to find categories where you can post. Only registered members can post.